Day 12 - To Richfield, OH

Today included about 8 hours of driving to cross Illinois, Indiana, and a good part of Ohio.  We left the hotel around 6:45AM and got to our location for the night by 7:00PM, which included a stop to pick-up the doggie.  The drive was mostly uneventful except for the messy 4-5 lanes of  traffic around Chicago on I-80.  Then we hit a ton of construction going through Indiana and a bit through Ohio.  But other than that it was a rather unexciting drive. 

We stopped at my mom’s house to pick up my dog, Teddy.  He was very happy to see us and was very bouncy.  Now he is going to sleep for a week  to recover from spending two weeks playing with my mom’s dog.   

Tomorrow we did the 6-hour drive back to Sterling, VA to conclude our vacation and road trip.  So far we have driven 4,920 miles and will be around 5,300 by the time we get home.   I’ll do a complete trip wrap up in a couple days. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts