Day 5 – Last Day in San Diego

For our last day in San Diego we went to Balbo Park and did a tour of the USS Midway before our red-eye flight back to DC.  It was a bit of a slow day, because I got too much sun the day before at the zoo, and just was not feeling 100-percent. 

We got up around 7:00AM and had breakfast around 8:00AM and then finished packing things up.  I checked Mom out of her room and moved everything into my room since I got a 4:00PM late checkout for my room.  Being a Platinum Plus member does have its perks.  We then headed up to Balbo Park and walked around there for a bit and saw the Japanese Gardens and the rose gardens.  I really liked the Japanese Garden and would love to do a photoshoot there one day.  


After spending time at the park we headed back to the hotel to drop a few things off and then headed over to the USS Midway.   After touring the Midway we walked over to see the “Unconditional Surrender” statue.  From there, we had a late lunch at Beach Hut Deli, then chilled at the hotel until it was time to head to the airport.

Like I said, not a very busy day.  I didn’t want to pack to much into the day because I worry about traffic and making it to the airport on time.   This is why I hate flights late in the day.  I would rather leave early in the morning; it is a lot less stressful. 

The flight home was rather smooth except for about 30 minutes of turbulence due to a storm system.   Sadly, I didn’t get any sleep on the flight, even though I tried.  I just never nodded off.

Overall it was a good trip, I would have liked it to be a bit longer I never feel a week is long enough. I would like to go back to Palm Springs and Joshua Tree in the fall or winter when it is cooler because I feel there probably are a lot more picture opportunities.  However, it is hard to walk around outside and take pictures when the temperature is over 100F and you just need more then a day and half in San Diego.  Next time I’m getting the explorer pass to cover all the museums. 

Comments

Popular Posts