DCC Meet-up Cincinnati


On March 10th I hosted a meet up of the Dayton-Columbus-Cincinnati Cosplay Photoshoot group at Urban Artifact’s Venue space which is above the taproom in an old renovated church. The venue space we used to be the main reliquary space of the church, and the taproom would be in what was the basement area. Highly recommend visiting the Urban Artifact taproom, if you like craft beers. This was the second meet up of the year for the DCC, and we had a great turn out for the event.  

I shot 312 frames of which I edited 197 frames and delivered 139 final images. I shot the whole meet using a light from a single off camera speed light on a light stand with an umbrella. I shot using ISO 200. My aperture varied between F3.5 to F8.0 with the most common being F7.1.  My shutter speed varied greatly from 1/25s to 1/1250s with the most common speed being 1/250s.  Finally, my focal length varied from 18mm to 50mm, with the most common focal length being 18mm.  It does not surprise me that 18mm was the most common focal length since I was close to the models while still getting full length shots.

I will say we had a lot of good cosplayers at this meet up, but I was having trouble getting into shooting. I think my problem was I was still recovering from Katsucon which takes a lot out of me creatively. I usually take a minimum of one month break before shooting again after Katsucon.  In this case I was only two weeks removed from Katsucon, so wasn’t fully up to creative shooting.  So, I apologize to the cosplayer’s because the photos from this event were not what I consider my best work and I know I could do better.  You can see all the images from the shoot here.



Comments

Popular Posts