Last Saturday, I went on a morning photo hike at Glen Helen
Nature Preserve with my husband and dog to take in the fall colors. The fall colors reached their peak here just
last week. During the hike I learned my
dog, doesn’t understand the purpose of a photo hike. My dog, is a great dog but just doesn’t get
the concept of stopping unless he is sniffing stuff. My dog like to just keep going, he follows
the path and want to just keep trudging on till we get back to the car. Even though I had a dog in rush to get somewhere,
I still got some nice photos.
This year was a bit interesting especially since during the day, I’m a government employee, which resulted in a lot of stress and a 42-day furlough. I didn’t attend as many cosplay events with the D.C Cosplay group, now Costume and Camera, as I normally would have, due to schedule conflicts. However, I traveled up to Poughkeepsie, New York for two photo events, one of which I was a featured photographer. I attended two conventions, one of which didn’t turn out as expected and the other just confirmed my decision to take a break from it. Though happily I did a lot of studio work this year, which I enjoyed. But on the other hand, I lost my dear “studio supervisor”, my dog Teddy. He liked to great clients and then “supervise” while lying/sleeping in his bed. I also started to work on the business side of my photography work, by investing in a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) site to manage bookings, schedules, and payments. No more trying to juggle...




Comments
Post a Comment