Photography End of Year Wrap-Up

This year was a busy year for me, I started a 52-week photo challenge, which I did not complete because of all the cosplay work I ended up doing at conventions (Katsucon and Anime USA) and with the DC Cosplayer and Photographer group. I loved working with the DC Cosplay group, because it is an excellent group of cosplayers and a great venue to practice new techniques. I also did do some landscape work during my annual vacation; this year it was to Yosemite and Sequoia National Park.  Overall Yosemite was nice but preferred Sequoia.  So now, it is time to look back as some statistics and my favorite photos from the year.

This year I edited 5851 photos, (that is the number of edited images sitting in Lightroom not the number of photos I took); my most used focal length is 28 mm, with a shutter speed of 1/100s at an f5 and f8 aperture, and ISO 100 and ISO 400. You can see the distribution of each of focal length, shutter speed, aperture, and ISO below.


I also looked back at the photos I took over the past year to determine my three favorite photos in Cosplay, Travel/Landscape, and Animals.  Then looked at my website data to determine which photo was the most viewed. This year it was very close between two photos, Ursula from Katsucon (1053 views) and Tinker Bell and Captain Hood from a DC Cosplayer and Photographer’s meet up at the Cloister (1052 views). 

Cosplay
Cosplayer: Lady O Cosplay

Nerdenheim (Jen) Cosplay

Cosplayer: Vira Mal Cosplay

Travel and Landscape



Most Viewed Photos
Cosplayer: deLore Cosplay

Cosplayer: Jennifer Glinzak Costumer and significant other

I am looking forward to a very productive 2017.  I am working on several personal projects, which will include at least two themed shoots, a few experiments with high-speed flash, and of course more work with cosplayers at conventions, DC Cosplay Meet Ups, and one-on-one/private shoots. 


Comments

Popular Posts