Ren from Maj Session

In September, I got work with a lovely cosplayer, IchigoGami on a Ren from Maji shoot.  I have always liked the costuming of Ren from Maji because of the full skirt and elegance of the costume.  Due to the elegance of the costume, I chose to do the shoot at Green Spring Gardens, in Fairfax County.  The gardens have several nice areas to include a pond, two gazebos, and several small garden areas. 

For this shoot, I used a Cannon 70D with an 18-200mm lens, along with flash unit connected to Young Nu radio triggers, a light stand, and umbrella.  I started the shoot in the gazebo located next to the pond then moved through the gardens to the trellis area. The issue I had was trying to correctly expose the model while still trying to capture the interesting cloud pattern in the sky.   For most of the images, I shot using an ISO of 100, with an f5.6 aperture and a variable shutter speed.  In most cases, I was using the flash at full power.  Overall, I am happy with how the session turned out. 

Aperture: f10, Shutter: 1/250, focal length: 18mm
Aperture: f5.6, Shutter: 1/80, focal length: 18mm

Aperture: f8, Shutter: 1/125 focal length: 18mm

Comments

Popular Posts