I used a standard backdrop, two stand light, and an off
camera flash for lighting. I shot using an 18-55mm lens, at an aperture of f8,
multiple shutter speeds and a 200 ISO. I
then post processed the images in LightRoom and then again in Photoshop
Elements. Took around a 100 shots but ended up with only 38 good images. I
eliminated many of the shots because they were unflattering. Overall I do like the look of the shots I did
keep and think they do capture her inner ranger.
This year was a bit interesting especially since during the day, I’m a government employee, which resulted in a lot of stress and a 42-day furlough. I didn’t attend as many cosplay events with the D.C Cosplay group, now Costume and Camera, as I normally would have, due to schedule conflicts. However, I traveled up to Poughkeepsie, New York for two photo events, one of which I was a featured photographer. I attended two conventions, one of which didn’t turn out as expected and the other just confirmed my decision to take a break from it. Though happily I did a lot of studio work this year, which I enjoyed. But on the other hand, I lost my dear “studio supervisor”, my dog Teddy. He liked to great clients and then “supervise” while lying/sleeping in his bed. I also started to work on the business side of my photography work, by investing in a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) site to manage bookings, schedules, and payments. No more trying to juggle...
Comments
Post a Comment