I set up my studio today to work on some lighting techniques,
specifically Rembrandt lighting. I used
a two light set up and a bounce flash to support the main light. I shot using my 18 – 55 mm lens at a 200 ISO,
an aperture of f5.6 and a shutter of 1/125. The flash was set with a +¼ compensation. I shot using a remote control and live view
on the camera. I then processed the raw images through
Lightroom and then Photoshop. Below are some examples from the shoot and you can see the full gallery here.
This year was a bit interesting especially since during the day, I’m a government employee, which resulted in a lot of stress and a 42-day furlough. I didn’t attend as many cosplay events with the D.C Cosplay group, now Costume and Camera, as I normally would have, due to schedule conflicts. However, I traveled up to Poughkeepsie, New York for two photo events, one of which I was a featured photographer. I attended two conventions, one of which didn’t turn out as expected and the other just confirmed my decision to take a break from it. Though happily I did a lot of studio work this year, which I enjoyed. But on the other hand, I lost my dear “studio supervisor”, my dog Teddy. He liked to great clients and then “supervise” while lying/sleeping in his bed. I also started to work on the business side of my photography work, by investing in a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) site to manage bookings, schedules, and payments. No more trying to juggle...
Comments
Post a Comment