Christmas Movies

I looked at the TODAY show’s Christmas Movie bracket and have to disagree with the selection of the best Christmas movie of all time. I’m sorry the best Christmas movie of all time is not “It’s a Wonderful Life”.  I know it is a well-loved Christmas classic, and people adore it, but it just not the best. I would of preferred to see a “Bishop’s Wife” with Carry Grant with that has many of the same themes, but it couldn’t of one because it wasn’t even on the bracket.  I also believe their bracket was flawed since they were missing numerous Christmas movies.  They were missing many of the great classics such as:

Then they could have had a whole side of the bracket dedicated to the different versions of Charles Dickens “A Christmas Carol” from 1948 to the one with Patrick Stewart version.  No instead they filled the bracket with some very lousy movies that many people don’t consider classics.  I don’t think of “Home Alone” as classic or the movie “The Elf.”   Also I’m unsure how, “Home Alone” beat out the holiday classic “White Christmas”, how does a kid beat out the classic styling’s of Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye.  
Maybe I’m old fashioned (I’m in my mid 30’s) or maybe I was just brought up with a different version of classic Christmas movies. But I really think there should be a redo.  

Comments

Popular Posts