Photos Editing from Vaction

Grand Teton Mountain Range

I have completed editing my photos from my Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Park Vacation.  (You can see them on my SmugMug sight under vacation – Yellowstone) After reviewing and editing the little over 1000 photos from the trip I ended up with a little over 500 good photos which I posted.  Usually I divide my photos by city or landmark; however I did not have that option on this trip. Thus the photos were divided by Yellowstone geyser basin, Yellowstone landscapes, Grand Teton, wildlife, and Jackson Hole.  A few of the pictures in Jackson Hole are from my mom’s video camera; they look like they were painted.   At this point I’m waiting to receive the pictures my mom took with her camera.  Once I receive those I’ll add select ones  reduce any repeats. 

Based on the quality of the pictures I took, I like my Cannon Rebel T4i. It works well and appears to have decent low light capabilities. However I’m not as impressed with the Tamron 28 - 300mm lens. While it is a good lens, it does not appear to produce crisp pictures throughout its spectrum the sweat spot appears to be in the 100mm to 150mm range.  I prefer my Cannon 18 – 200mm lens.  When I go back to Yellowstone I believe I’ll take a lens in the 18 – 75mm range with me along with a 100 – 400mm lens so I can truly capture the dramatic landscapes and the wildlife. I might even consider a fisheye.

The only thing I have to do now is edit the video that was shot.  That will take a couple days. 

Grand Prismatic Hot Spring

Comments

Popular Posts